Bloating is when your belly feels swollen or enlarged after eating a meal. Common foods that can cause bloating are beans, carbonated drinks, meals that contain too much onions etc.
Often times we consume meals that make us feel bloated and most times lazy to follow up with other activities we had lined up for the day. However, here are several natural remedies one can use to de-bloat after consuming a large meal:
- Go for a walk: if your bloating is caused by gas, getting up and going for a walk will be of help.! It is said moving prompts the digestive system to contract which may help move out trapped gas in our system.
- Drink Water or green tea: it’s very common for people to pass off on water because they believe it will increase the bloating but that if false. Driving a lot of water signals the body not to hold on to every bit of fluid to stay hydrated.
- Try apple cider shots: drinking apple cider has been said to boost the de-bloating process. Apple cider helps increase stomach acid which will improve digestion and help out the body’s absorption of key nutrients from food. When bloated, try mixing one spoon of apple cider in a glass of water and drink.
- Eat a banana: Bananas contain high potassium which will help adjust the fluid balance to flatten belly bloat. In a published report, it was stated that women who are a banana as a pre-meal snack twice a day for 60 days experienced a 50% reduction in bloating.
- Add lemon and ginger to your water: whether it’s ginger tea with a slice of lemon or ginger and lemon in lukewarm water, ginger and lemon help reduce stomach bloating.
- Get some sleep: getting a good night’s sleep will assist in keeping energy levels high the next day as well as make it easier for you to keep a smarter eating schedule. To get rid of bloating, sleep well overnight to reduce overeating the next day.