19-Year-Old Boy, 5 Other Boko-Haram Terrorists Surrender to the Army.

0
28

At least six (6) additional terrorists have surrendered and laid down their arms as the multinational joint task force (MJTF) progresses with operation lake sanity 2. The international consortium of military operatives continues to bombard Boko haram hideouts in the lake Chad region, spanning Cameroon and Nigeria leading to an increase in surrenders.

Recently, a 19-year-old suspected Boko haram terrorist named Alhaji Ali surrendered to troops of 403 amphibious brigade (BAGA) of sector 3 in Monguno, Nigeria.

Initial investigations reveal he has a 3-year affiliation with Boko haram’s Buduma faction.

A statement by chief military public information officer lieutenant colonel Abubakar Abdullahi said Ali hailed from Masarram on lake Chad island and residing at Duguri. Colonel Abdullahi highlighted the growing discontentment within the group owing to the continued push of the military.

The army spokesman’s statement further revealed that on 25th April 2024, 2 more suspected terrorists, Haoudou Sedik, and Khadija Ousman, turned themselves in at Blangua, Cameroon, to troops of sector 1 in the Darak area of southern lake Chad.

“Similarly, on April 27, a 25-year-old suspected terrorist, surrendered to the troops of 19 Brigade, Sector 3, in Kekeno, within Kukawa Local Government Area of Borno.

“During the initial investigation, the suspect revealed that he had been abducted by Boko Haram militants along the Monguno-Maiduguri Road in 2020.

“He said that during his captivity, he was forced to work as a storekeeper in one of the terrorist group’s camps located on the islands of Lake Chad.”

The MNJTF called on other Boko haram terrorists hiding in the lake Chad islands and adjoining communities to cease hostilities and embrace peace.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here